GOCarbonFibre 2020 delegates have the exclusive opportunity to visit Airbus.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
SITE VISIT AGENDA
(timings subject to change)
12:15 Meet at hotel lobby
12:30 Depart for Airbus
13:45 Arrive at Airbus site
14:00 Tour begins
- The tour will start with an introduction to Airbus and the development of CFC.
- Then you will walk through various production halls, specialised on the CFC aspect as well as a large burner for the CFC material.
- The Airbus plant Stade is specialised in the production and further development of CFRP-technology in the aerospace industry. The main focus lies in the processing of carbon fibre composite (CFC) material for Airbus productions. The vertical tails for all Airbus aircraft are manufactured here. The components are among the world's largest carbon fibre reinforced structures for commercial aircraft. Also skin panels and small parts are manufactured from carbon fibre materials for the advanced Eurofighter/Typhoon fighter aircraft.
16:30 End of tour and departure back to conference hotel
17:30 Arrive back at hotel
BOOKING TO OPEN SOON....
BOOKING CLOSES: FRIDAY 11 SEPTEMBER
*Please note that in order to attend the Airbus tour, you must have booked onto the two-day GOCarbonFibre conference.
*Attendance is subject to approval, we will notify you two weeks in advance of the conference to let you know if your application has been successful.
* To finalise your booking we will request the following details from you; full first and last name (as it appears on your passport), date of birth and place of birth.*
*This data is for Airbus security check and site secruity only and will be deleted after 2 years.
* Please make sure you bring a valid passport with you. If you do not have a valid passport you will not be allowed to enter the Airbus plant. Copies, driving licences or other documents will not be accepted at entry.
* Any changes to your booking are no longer possible after booking closes on Friday 11 September 2020.
*Please be aware that tours are not suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility.
*Airbus reserve the right to cancel any tours without replacement - also on short notice - for company operational security reasons