How to design and build a carbon fibre line
Suitable for business managers new to carbon fibre, and seasoned producers experts alike, this 3-hour workshop will furnish you with all the knowledge you need to decide if carbon fibre is for you. From precursor synthesis, through fibre production and curing, to building your line and managing the energy, materials and by-product flows, our specially selected line up of speakers have many great years of combined experience to share with you.
You’ll learn from the experts the financial impact, skill base, staffing requirements and infrastructure requirements involved in setting up a new line, as well as many other factors you probably haven’t yet thought about.
The workshop will cover:
- A brief introduction to the industry and where we are now
- First principles – polymerisation, spinning, creel, oxidation, carbonisation, surface treatment, washing, drying, sizing and collection, building, export licensing
- Economics and designing for energy efficiency
- Optimizing surface treatment, sizing, drying and collection
- Implementing effective waste gas treatment
- Integrating the whole line and maximising production efficiency
- Questions and answers
Confirmed workshop speakers:
- John Davidson, Product Director - Oxidation and Carbonisation, Cygnet Texkimp
- Bill Stry, Senior Process Technology Engineer, Harper International
- Steve Amos, Technical Manager, Bluestar Fibres
- Rich Grzanka, Vice President, Anguil
- Brantley Bass, Composites Sales Manager, Litzler
The workshop takes place before the conference on Tuesday 10 October 2017 from 1.30pm-5.30pm and tickets are just €299. Places are limited so we advise booking as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
Please note, you must have booked a 2-day GOCarbonFibre 2017 conference ticket in order to be eligible to attend the workshop and if you book to attend the workshop, you will be unable to attend the site visit.